Monday 30 March 2015

The stubby

For all those who remember when beer came in a more practical shape (Quoting Wikipedia: "Some of the expected advantages of stubby bottles are: ease of handling; less breakage; lighter in weight; less storage space; and lower center of gravity").


And of course, not wanting to advertise any specific brand here, feel free to go to this Canadian Living article to look at other brands of stubby! Or to this site - http://www.stubby.ca/ - to find out more than you ever needed to know.

I was never that much of a beer drinker, but recently came across the above ad in an old scrapbook (don't ask me why I kept a piece of newspaper for 30+ years!).

But related to the stubby, I did drink Uncle Ben's pop (soda for any American readers) when I was a teenager - always cool to be holding a 'beer' bottle and walking around downtown!


No comments:

Post a Comment